Monday, February 28, 2011

Dear Zachary: A Letter To A Son About His Father (2008)



I simply cannot go into too much detail about this film and the less you know, the better. The story revolves around Dr Andrew Bagby, who was allegedly murdered by his girlfriend. She then subsequently announces she is pregnant with his son. Andrews life-time friend then sets out to make this moving legacy for Zachary about his father with interviews and short stories from friends and family which clearly show how loved and respected Andrew was. Andrews parents, The Bagby's then try everything in their might to have the young baby near to them considering Andrew was an only child. This little boy was literally all they had left.

 This film was a Tour de Force on the emotions. It stays with you LONG after the credits have rolled and quite frankly, I don't think I will ever forget it. Its very traumatic and as the film hurtles along to its conclusion, which you don't see coming, you will be left shaken to the absolute core, heart-broken and moved beyond anything you might have seen before. It also has to be one of the worst travesties of justice I have yet to witness.

It really is a masterpiece and I HIGHLY recommend it, I have it on all my wish-lists. The film is also in real-time so we see it as it happens. I sincerely doubt the film-maker and friend of Andrew, Kurt Kuenne, could ever in his wildest dreams, imagined what the out-come would be. Just be sure to be seated through-out, should you be standing when all is revealed, its so shocking, its enough to bring you to your knees in disbelief and horror.

Steal it, download it, BUY it....its a must!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree. Even today about 3 months after watching the film I am still moved beyond words.

    Funny enough it was one of those I though "argh do I really wanna watch some soppy piece of crap" But it had me hooked within the first 2 minutes. and I DID NOT see it coming. Hit between the eyes. Brilliant film, one of those ones that stay with you inspire you to do your bit in changing the world, and creates compassion in you for these people you have never met and probably never will.

    ReplyDelete